Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Happy Day Eggs

I have received compliments of being a generally happy person and that makes me feel good. Exuding happiness to the world gives me a higher percent of receiving happiness from the world. If you smile at a random stranger, he could smile back. If you're nice to the cashier after a long line in the grocery line, she won't mess up your change. Life won't always give you happy things to think about, life is a bitch, but I am a firm believer that happiness is a choice, that whatever platter I am given, I can always choose to see, or perhaps even draw a silver lining.

A great way to feel good and be happy on a regular day is to have breakfast. Like mine!



Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and my favorite meal of the day. It's the time of the day where eggs, bacon, hash and bread are served on one plate and it is considered healthy. Somewhat.     I'm a morning person, much to my friends' displeasure. I love mornings! Beginning of a new day, a fresh start, with the lovely morning sun peaking through your window. If only I would wake up earlier more often. Bum life is making me wake up at noon and it is such a drag, but that won't stop me from preparing breakfast food, especially my favorite.

Scrambled Eggs with Sour Cream, Onions and Cheese


1 egg
1 tbsp sour cream
1 tbsp butter
half a white onion, chopped
1/4 cup grated cheddar cheese
salt & pepper for seasoning



1. Whisk the egg in a bowl with the sour cream, cheese, salt and pepper.
2. Melt the butter in a non-stick pan and sauté the onions until translucent.
3. When the onions are cooked, add in the egg and with a wooden spoon, lift the cooked parts from the bottom of the pan to the center, cooking the egg through.
4. Transfer to a plate when the cheese browns some parts.


I love scrambled eggs because they are simple and quick but filling. I chose to ate my creation with pita bread, toasting it to give it a crunch, paired with a piece of Canadian bacon. You can taste the sweetness of the onions cooked with butter and cheese. The sour cream gave the egg a fluffy texture without the extra sweetness as you get when you put in regular cream. Perfect.

Have a lovely and happy day!

Cheese and love,
Isobel

4 comments:

  1. This sounds like a perfect way to start the day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are absolutely right, happiness is a choice.
    And i really like this breakfast recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? There's always a bright side on things, like this recipe! Haha!

      Delete

Leave me a note, sweethearts? :)