Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Cinnamon Banana Loaf

Waiting, waiting, waiting. I know I'm working now, but of course, this is not where I hope to be forever. Eyes on the prize. I'm waiting on something, and more than anything I applied for, I really want this. I won't tell you what it is right now, I'll share it when they've confirmed on their decision to accept me or not. I'm already anxiously hoping, I don't want you to experience the anxiety I'm having.

So let's chill out. Let's have a cup of coffee with old friends on a cold, rainy Tuesday night with a slice of my Cinnamon Banana Loaf, like what my parents are doing.



You may have noticed that my parents have guests over a lot. It's just timely I guess, they've been very busy lately with their work friends, old friends, relatives visiting, fund raisers, prayer groups and more organizations that their part of and consistently work for. It's pretty cool, I get to see my parents chill out, especially tonight when they're with their college friends. 

Personally, I like having people over. I like making a fuss in the kitchen, cooking for friends, having coffee and catching up. Where's a better place to do those things than in the comforts of your own house? My only problem however is that my house is quite far from my friends, and if you don't have a car, it's quite inconvenient to commute to. Oh well, I'll move out soon. Hopefully?

Cinnamon Banana Loaf
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup caster sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter, melted
3-4 ripe bananas, mashed
2 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla

1/4 cup caster sugar
1/2 tbsp cinnamon


Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl, mix together the bananas, butter, eggs and vanilla.


In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients and mix them, slowly incorporating to the banana mixture.


In a small bowl, combine the sugar and the cinnamon.


Grease your baking pan and pour a little more than half of the batter. Sprinkle half of the cinnamon-sugar mix. Pour the rest of the batter and top with the rest of the cinnamon-sugar.


Bake at 400 degrees for 40 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle. The top will be crackling, let it cool before transferring to a plate to serve.


Slice and garnish the sides with the loose sugar that will fall off.


The bananas I used for this loaf were riper than usual, giving the loaf an extra sweetness and a more banana-y taste. The cinnamon-sugar was a perfect surprise. I love the line that it creates in the middle that it sort of looks marbled. Bananas never go to waste in our house; if I'm too lazy to make muffins or a loaf, it turns into a smoothie with chia seeds and strawberry yogurt (which is exactly what I did with the extra bananas). Yummmm.

This is perfect with coffee, or if you're about to go to bed like me, with a nice glass of milk. I urge you to bake this in your own house, as this smelled incredible while baking and especially after I took it out of the oven. The smell of cinnamon just filled the air with deliciousness!

I couldn't wait until tomorrow to post this, it's too good that it just had to be posted tonight!

As ever,
Isobel

1 comment:

  1. Love the loaf but I can't wait to hear what you have to tell us :-)

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a note, sweethearts? :)