Monday, September 3, 2012

Nestle Toulouse Chocolate Chip Cookies

Darling readers, how are you all? You might have noticed a slight tweak in my layout, a lot cleaner, I'm trying to plan it out, make it prettier, a lot more me but I have way more urgent tasks to do and they must come first. Much to my pleasure, my cupcake sales has gone up, selling profiteroles/cream puffs/eclairs has all been well too - everyone loves them!

Today I am making something a lot simple yet to crave for relentlessly. Especially me. I have been tossing and turning on whether I should make some for the house (for myself, really) but my healthy (yeah right, more like lazy) self keeps on getting to me. At last, I finally got the time and a craving I could not ignore, to follow my stomach. I made cookies. And then some.

This cookie recipe I made is from Phoebe Buffay, who got it from her grandmother, who got it from her grandmother from France, Nestlé Toulouse. If you watch F.R.I.E.N.D.S. as obsessively as I do, you'll know that Nestlé Toulouse is actually Nestlé Toll House. Hilarious episode, and if you don't watch F.R.I.E.N.D.S. then you really should. It's the best comedy show ever.

Moving on, this recipe is the same recipe you'll see at the back of the Nestlé package of chocolate chips you can buy in stores. It's dead simple to make as it is satisfying.

Nestlé Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
Got it here, btw.

2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups chocolate chips
1 cup chopped nuts (I didn't include this in mine though)

1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. In a small bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda and salt.


2. Beat the butter and sugars at a low speed until creamy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time then add the vanilla.



3. Add in the flour mixture and mix until fully incorporated, then stir in the chocolate chips (and the nuts if you're using them).


4. Drop the dough on a baking sheet with parchment paper, with enough space depending on the size of your cookies.


 5. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the sides are brown. Let them cool for 1-2 minutes before transferring. No one will condemn you if you're like me, who upon removing the cookies from the oven instantly scooped a part of the hot cookie and ate it. I regret nothing.


I made 2 sizes of cookies, I giant one the size of my palm and a smaller, standard sized cookie. For the giant cookie, use a 1/8 measuring cup and scoop a heaping cup onto the baking sheet (these should go in the oven for about 15 minutes). For the regular sized cookies, a large tablespoon will do.


It's been a while since I made chocolate chip cookies, and I must say, the family appreciated them very much. These cookies are soft and they melt in your mouth especially when fresh out of the oven. I imagine this would last for about a week if stored right in an air-tight container, if they last that long. You can pop them in the oven or the microwave and heat them for a bit if you want them ooey-gooey as I do. With milk, with ice cream, with nothing, yummm.

Update! You might have noticed, I chose to eat my cookies with vanilla ice cream in between, rolled in more chocolate chips. Sorry I'm not sorry for indulging!

As ever,
Isobel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note, sweethearts? :)