Monday, September 17, 2012

Overnight Oatmeal

I should really start making a schedule on when to post entries, when you expect them. Every Monday perhaps? Yeah, every Monday sounds good. Allez.

A lot of people glare at me for being a morning person. And I reply to their glare with a full smile, a hug  and an offer to share my breakfast. Mornings are beautiful, whether sunny or rainy. It is the start of a new day, a new beginning, a fresh start.

Alas, I am a normal person who from time to time wake up on the wrong side of the bed. On not so pleasant mornings, there's usually a standard reason: no breakfast. I cannot stress on how important breakfast is for me (and for you!). It can make or break my day. Just ask my friends, on days when I usually feel out of sync, it's because I skipped breakfast or in more often cases, it gets stolen.

The recipe I'm sharing today is from Monica who runs The Yummy Life. This recipe is fast and easy to assemble, perfect for days when you have no time to sit down to eat in the morning. Just make these the night before, and off you are to work or school, a healthy and delicious breakfast at hand, ready to eat.


Overnight Oatmeal

1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup yogurt (plain or flavored, whichever)
1/4 cup low-fat milk
2 tsp chia seeds


Combine and stir. Viola!


This is so versatile, it's incredible. Cut up some fruit, and add a sweetener of your choice whether sugar, honey, maple syrup, what have you. I love bananas so for my daily serving I chose bananas with a drizzle of honey, sometimes I add a tablespoon of Sunbutter. So much flavor! Yum, you guys. Also, you can opt to go with a fruit yogurt over the plain, the plain just gives you more of a chance to experiment with flavors and have fun to please your taste buds.

At hope of not missing breakfast (or in my case, getting stolen) I suggest making this in bulk, in a large jar to carry about 4-5 servings.



Combine and shake!

Perfect for the hungry household. A healthy, low-calorie, easy breakfast. Good morning! ;)

Yours ever sincerely,
Isobel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note, sweethearts? :)