Thursday, November 8, 2012

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Waffle Cookies

Dear readers,

In making use of the free week my Mom and I had from the cafeteria, I urged her to declutter the house and she let me. In the middle of all the decluttering, I have realized the my mother is a hoarder, that about 70% of all the extra stuff in the house is hers. Regardless, I must say for my part, the house looks good and neat. 

In the midst of all the cleaning, I have found some useful tips on the internet on how to make your stuff organized. They are called life cheats, and with good reason. It's all about taking regular household items and using them for more than what you bought them for. Among these life cheats  that caught the fancy of the homemaker in me are the magnet strips that can hold my bobby pins, using a vinegar mixture for shining the floor and using bread clips to label and organize chords.

This inspired me to cheat on life a little bit too by making something tasty that could fit into two meal categories. Hello, Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Waffle Cookies.


Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Waffle Cookies
1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick), melted
1/2 cup caster sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup plain flour
1 1/2 cups oatmeal
1 cup chocolate chips


Standard cookie recipe procedure. Mix the butter with the sugar, add in the eggs and vanilla. Followed by the dry ingredients. 


Add in the chocolate chips, and you'll end up with a gooey granola-like texture.


I find these ice scream scoopers to be perfect for baking, you can get different sizes. For this waffle cookie, I chose the middle one which is about 2 oz.


Set your waffle iron according to the instructions, spray with non-stick cooking spray and scoop a dollop on each waffle box. Cook for a minute and a half to 2 minutes, or until toasty brown to your liking.


Look at that. Toasty, crunchy, good. What I like about this waffle cookie is that it as good for breakfast (with the oatmeal and all) as it is for dessert (look at all that chocolate!). Ask dear old Mom to make this for breakfast and you might as well have tricked into letting you have cookies for breakfast. Yum. Pair it with some bacon, scrambled eggs, orange juice, anything to get you started for the day.

If you're having this late into the day, pair it with ice cream and some fresh berries, or similar to mine with whipped cream and a caramel drizzle. So good, this reminds me of the countless waffles I would get from Starbucks to pair with my coffee. Delicious and easy. Enjoy!

Affectionately,
Isobel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a note, sweethearts? :)